Tuesday, December 9, 2008


Nora is such a good baby. Sometimes I worry that she should be a little more fussy, but then I remind myself to count my blessings. It is not unusual for her to sleep through the night. She does not nurse regularly, so I never really know if she's going to go for two hours or for four and a half. I use to worry that maybe she didn't eat frequently enough, but at her two week appointment she weighed 9 pounds 7 and 1/2 ounces, so I figure she's probably getting enough to eat. That and her healthy little double chin! She only cries if she is having her diaper changed or if she's hungry or gassy. She is even getting better at the diaper changes and bathing. Today she had her whole bath without crying. She even seemed to enjoy it!

I can't believe how much she is changing. She is beginning to look bigger to me. I even got a little smile out of her today. I feel like she is beginning to recognize me an know me.
Zane is getting along much better these days. He is finally getting use to this new life of ours. I'm getting used to it too. I even told Kevin the other day that I can't wait to have more kids! I know--crazy thought, huh? I think we'll wait a little while. . . Again, I'm so thankful for all the help I've received from moms, Adrienne and the ward Relief Society. What would I do without family and a ward family?

Today I took the kids to get pictures taken. They looked so cute! I made the appointment for 11:00 and took my friend Kim. They say to schedule your appoinment for the time that will work best with your children's schedule. So, that's what I did. Why? I'm not sure because we waited for over an hour to get in. Zane was a total delight and perfectly behaved the whole time and Nora slept, well, like a baby. Finally they call our name, after I tell them we've been waiting so long. Now it's lunch time, nap time and the meltdown begins. Zane's also always a little unsure about new things, so I finally just told her I had to leave, that it wasn't worth it. We rescheduled for Thursday morning. She assured me I could get right in and they would waive the sitting fee and I would get a free 10 x 13. Is it worth it?







2 comments:

Kristi said...

Pictures are DEFINITELY worth it, but I've never attempted it when I had one so young. I've been there when you've waited (actually it took us about five attempts when Kade was about 18 months. but we still got them!)
Good to hear the update!

Stephie said...

thanks for the cookies we found them on our porch when we got back from the store! they were great!