Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thanksgiving/Christmas in Idaho

We went to Idaho for Thanksgiving and also celebrated Christmas with the Tolman family. Sadly, I did not get a lot of pictures of our trip. Once again, my excuse is--I was too tired. I mean, who wants to go up or down stairs or even get out of their chair to go find the camera, right? We did have a good trip and enjoyed seeing all of our family. Of course the food was delicious! We played games, rode on Grandpa's new toy, ate way too much, and watched a couple of good movies. One night I did get sick--fever, aches, etc. I took a hot bath and then tried to get out of the bathroom but it wouldn't unlock. I banged on the door and yelled for Kevin. I was right next to the kid's room and hoped he would hear me through the monitor without waking them up. I probably tried for five full minutes, although it felt like fifteen minutes. Finally, I yelled for Zane to come out of the room. Luckily, he heard me and came out. I told him to go upstairs and tell Daddy that Mommy was stuck. He dutifully obeyed and came to my rescue, but as soon as he got to the top of the stairs , I got the door unlocked. I tell you, this two-year-old has way had to take on way more responsibility than any two-year-old should. I don't know what I'd do without him. Zane and Nora traveled well, even with Zane only being potty trained for about a month. After we got home, Zane wanted to go back. We just need to live closer!

Zane and Dad opening Nora's gift. She had to miss the party for a nap--bummer.
Zane and Dad opening one of Zane's favorite toys--John Deere!

Kevin gettin' in the Christmas spirit.

0 comments: