Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer's here!

Well, I think the construction is all done. It didn't take as long as I thought, and I was able to change a lot of things I've wanted to change for a while. What do you think?

We've had a fun week. Zane and I went to the park with some friends on Monday. He is sure a mobile child and I was shocked when all of a sudden he just barreled face first down the twisty slide. I wasn't expecting it. I have some video, but it just doesn't do it justice. Plus, the video is not that great because worried mom couldn't keep focused on the camera as she was too worried about having to catch the baby! It was a lot of fun and we can't wait to go back.

Can you find Zane?

I've had a little mini-crisis earlier this week as I found out that my insurance does not work with the hosptial where I was planning on delivering our baby, nor does my doctor (who we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE) have a contract with my insurance. It was very frustrating because I had checked about both of those issues back in February and was told it made no difference that the insurance would pay weather I chose hospital A or hospital B. I was also told that my doctor had a contract with them, but I guess he didn't. Of course be pregnant and emotional I called the Dr's office bawling. Anyway, it's going to work out. The doctor signed whatever he needed to sign to have the contract with my insurance and luckily he has priveleges at the other hospital, so whew!

We got to spend all day Tuesday with Grandma P., Aunt Jennifer and Aunt Jessica. We canned seven flats of strawberry jam. Lynnette was very patient with me as I was learning and I thin we only had one mishap (which I'll blame on Jessica, even though she was only doing what I told her to). I have to say that I love looking at those jars of homemade jam. It's such a satisfying feeling and so much more delicious than store-bought.

I'm thinking about going private or just switching our web address and being more careful about not using last names. I know it's a hassel for some people. Kevin assures me that we don't have anything private or suggestive that would attract creeps, but I'm just not sure. What do you think? Should we go private or keep it like it is?

We're going camping again this weekend and hopefully swimming with G&G tomorrow. It's supposed to by 97 degrees! Finally, summer has arrived!


Zane loves his puppy! I just had to get the classic photo of the buns in the air, sleeping.

Do you like his accesories? That's melted cheese dripping off that ear!

1 comments:

Kedra Simpson said...

I love the new blog! Zane is so cute and very brave going down that slide.
I am glad your summer is off to a fun start! Can't wait to see you guys.