Tuesday, July 15, 2008

HOT, HOT, HOT!

Our weather has been so warm lately. We've been using the heat as an excuse to go visit Grandpa & Grandma Pickup more. Zane seems to have fun in their pool with Mommy or Daddy--until someone else decides to jump in. Then for some reason he gets scared. We've decided next time we'll have everyone else get in first and then have Zane join them.




We've also been going to a tiny water fountain down the street. Zane likes to get wet, but prefers to stay on the perimeter. You can hear him squeaking with delight in this video:





We had a little birthday celebration with G&G Pickup and Aunties Jennnifer and Jessica. Can it be my little baby is a year old already? I have been pretty nostalgic this week. I remember how little he was and how totally helpless. I couldn't imagine the day he would babble, crawl, walk, fit into those gigantic clothes he's wearing now. Yet, here it is. Twelve months later and he's a completely different baby. He has been such a blessing to us. I love the way he can just make us laugh and smile. He is such a happy boy (most of the time). I love how busy and active he is. He loves to be around other people, especially other kids. Now, I can't imagine him as a two year old. I'm sure that day will be here all too soon as well.

He was a little grumpy this evening and it was already his bedtime by the time we started celebrating. He wasn't quite sure about opening presents. Daddy had to help a lot. Let me just say, I'm glad we splurged at the last minute and got those alphabet blocks for a whole dollar and the $1 spot at Target. Those have provided a lot of entertainment the last few days. He also got a ball and a little truck from Mom and Dad. G&G got him a cute book and made him a big, fuzzy blanket. Mmmm.



Zane also loved his birthday cupcake. As you can see in the video we have regressed during self-feeding. Instead of just putting the food in his mouth he has to "feel" it first--smooshing and smearing everywhere. Fun for mom.

This video is quite long (3 1/2 minutes). Feel free to skip around. He had 2 more cupcakes after this!





And with all this warm weather, Zane reminds us how important it is to stay hydrated!

3 comments:

Kedra Simpson said...

Happy Birthday Zane!!! I love the pool video, too cute! Tonight as I put Olivia to bed I told her that tomorrow we are going camping. She said, "with Kevin and Holly?" We miss you guys....oh, and go gramps!

Kristi said...

How fun, guys!! I loved the video's and all the pictures! It's making me excited to come and let all these little ones play together!!! The pool looks SO inviting! Can't wait!

Geniel said...

We think Zane looks a little like Jud.
Love Uncle Kelly and Aunt Geniel