Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Fun Week

Last week the kids and I had a lot of fun. Monday we went to OMSI. I'd been to OMSI before, but didn't realize there was a small "Science Playground" just for kids 0-6. Zane and Nora both had a great time. Zane spent a good 45 minutes in the sandbox, so Nora did too. They both enjoyed playing with the balls and exploring the "caves." Unfortunately, I left my camera home.

Tuesday, a fellow teacher friend invited some of us teachers up to a house she has in Longview. It was about an hour drive, but it was worth it. They have a huge yard and the kids just played outside while we moms got to sit and visit. Since I am not teaching any more it was nice to see them again and just catch up. We had a very nice lunch hosted by Heather. We had to leave a bit early because Nora had a Dr. appointment and both kids were desperate for naps. Nora was sound asleep in her car seat before we had even gone the approximately 8 blocks to the first turn. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures--again.

Wednesday was not so fun. Zane woke up very late and it took him about 20 minutes of moaning to actually wake up. I had a feeling he was going to be sick. When he did finally wake up I went in to get him and he said his tummy hurt. Hoping he was just hungry I took him down for breakfast, but unfortunately after about 4 bites of cereal I saw him struggling to keep it down so I rushed him off to the toilet and fortunately made it in time. That was the only episode that day and he wanted to go back and finish breakfast. He acted energetic and normal other than complaining of a tummy ache and being a little crankier than usual. Glad it only lasted a little while.

Thursday we went to three stores. I know, big deal, right? But really, some days it is a big deal. Three stores with both kids. We got Zane some big boy unders and he was so excited about it he had the package open and one pair on each leg before we got home. Seriously contemplating starting toilet training soon. Also, I made three dinners that evening so I'm pretty proud of myself.

Friday I took the kids to the Dahlia festival. The flowers are amazing-better than the tulip festival, I think. There's not a lot of kids to do though. Zane did enjoy watching the pond of large koi and observing bees gathering pollen.

2 comments:

Lewis' said...

Go YOU!! You are like amazing MOM! and the BANGS are dang cute!

Brooks Family said...

The bangs are really cute! I amazed at how much you accomplished this week. I'm inspired to get more done!