Friday, September 12, 2008

Pacifier Free

Personally, I don't want to have a two-year-old walking around with a pacifier in his mouth. I know everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another, but I decided it was time to be pacifier-free. I didn't want to take Zane's pacifiers away too soon before the baby was born or too soon after, so I decided to do it as soon as we got back from Idaho. Now, he only really uses a pacifier when it's time to sleep. I braced myself for what I thought would be a week of sleepless nights and no-nap days. However, to my surprise it has gone beautifully well. We had a couple of missed naps where he just sat in his crib for an hour and a half alternately crying, playing, or goofing off. He fussed a little at bed-time, but you would never know how dependent he (or we) have been on the plug. He hasn't used it at all this week. I think I better throw them away so I'm not tempted to pull them out in a time of desperate need.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Hey, it's your cousin Keri checking out your blog from Dallan's link! Such a cute blog, and cute stories! I have a two year old, too, and can relate completely!! :) If you e-mail me at keribarrott@gmail.com, I'll invite you as a reader to our blog.

Stephie said...

Hey holly, would you be interested in buying some Christmas wrapping paper, Austin is doing his school fundraiser.

Just wondering :) thanks
Stephanie