Friday, September 12, 2008

A sweet moment

One of the best things I think we've done is make bathtime and bedtime routine Daddy's job. We started it because it seemed like I was doing everything for Zane and this was an opportunity for Daddy to spend some quality time with Zane after work. Kevin does bath every night and I clean Zane's room, get pajamas and everything ready. Then, my favorite part of the day begins. We play a little in Zane's room and then get his p.j.'s and everything on (usually Kevin does that), and then we sit in our rocking chairs and have scriptures, songs and prayer. Zane is not always calm during this time, but usually does pretty well. Tuesday night was the sweetest thing. Zane just climbed on his Daddy's lap. He sat quietly as Kevin read the scripture story. Then as we sang songs, Zane just stared up at his Daddy. I can't even explain the love, adoration and admiration that were in his eyes. I could just see that he loved his Daddy so much. Then he nestled his little head into Kevin's shoulder while we finished singing songs. That's an image I always want to remember.

1 comments:

Kristi said...

That is the SWEETEST thing, Holly (and Kevin!!) These are the moments you know are worth everything else! I admire your dedication to the "bedtime" routine and wish you luck (luck isn't quite the right word) in keeping it that way. Don't let anything stop that routine, because it is SO hard to get it back! Love you guys!