Monday, February 2, 2009

I love you Kedra Simpson!!!

Kedra came to visit a couple of weeks ago. Of course most of our conversation revolved around babies. After discussing pacifier woes I decided to try the pacifier on Nora again. So, off we trotted to Target to buy a Mam pacifier, even though I know the truly perfect mothers only use Soothies. I gently persuaded little Nora (forced through trickery) her to take the Mam and lo and behold, she sleeps! She's taken several 2 - 3 hour naps with this little thing (even though I know the truly perfect mothers never use a pacifier as a sleep crutch).

Now, sometimes she still pushes out and sometimes she gets downright mad if you try to make her take it and she doesn't want it. But for the most part, it has been a good thing. I've even put her down awake sometimes and she's put herself to sleep. She will take it sometimes but she doesn't need it. Now I get to hold her just because I want to, not only because she needs it. Thanks for being someone to talk to, Kedra, a truly perfect mother!

3 comments:

Brooks Family said...

I'm so glad you found something that works! Hopefully you're getting more rest too!

The Rogers said...

Oh Nora looks so peaceful sleeping! I know I need to change my songs, but I do love that song! When will we see you next, June?

Kedra Simpson said...

tears are falling!! YOU are the best and I miss you tons! i am so glad to read all the updates and to know that she has become a sweet bundle of joy for you. definitely makes life a lot more joyful! What a sweet, beautiful girl she is!