Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cape Lookout August 2010

In August our friend Stephanie organized a trip for moms and kiddos to the beach. We were more than happy to join them. Brenda and her kids were in town and so was Kade so they also came. Jennifer and Jessica and their friend also came. We went to Cape Lookout. It was a perfect day to go, as it was oppressively hot in the city. However, we chose the coldest beach to go to. The ranger at Cape Lookout informed me that the beaches near Tillamook were usually 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the coast line.

Even though it was cool, we still had a great time. My friend Laura and her children, Blythe and Boyd drove over with us. After several potty breaks, a stop by a police officer for crossing the center line, and a stop to nurse the baby we finally made it to the beach. I don't think there could be a bad day at the beach, regardless of weather.
Every time we have gone to the beach Nora has insisted on eating her sandwich a certain way. She has to lay on her stomach on the blanket, facing the ocean wave. Then I must lay another blanket or towel over her in just the right way. Then she's happy.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

It was fun to see all these pictures....I wish I could've been there! Nora is SO STINKING CUTE!!! Her hair has lightened up so much, the bangs make her look so much older! What a cutie!!

Joseph said...

Did Kevin tell you I saw Jessica in the library! I stopped and talked with her.

I miss Boyd.."Holly! Your your son joey..."