Monday, September 27, 2010

Mirror Lake-September 2010

Saturday was BEAUTIFUL here. We decided to take advantage of the beautiful fall weather and go for one (possibly last of the season) more family hike. We decided to go to mirror lake. Zane and Boyd were troopers, and although they started dragging their feet about half-way up the mountain--we made it! I found that singing marching songs really helped them pick it up. Nora and Anna enjoyed their rides. Once we arrived at the lake we had some lunch, played in the water and took a few pictures. On the way down I could hardly keep up with the boys. We had to stop at "slide rock" for some fun sliding, but before we knew it we were back to the van. All-in-all a perfect hike (except for stupid people that don't know how to leash their dogs. Sorry--I AM going to get upset when your wet dog decides to jump on me while I'm nursing, and I AM going to be upset when your huge, "friendly" dog knocks my one-year-old to the ground.) Who knows, maybe we'll get in one more hike.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh! I love your pictures! It looks so beautiful! What troopers too!!!

Bjorn to Rok said...

Looks like fun! What a perfect day to go on a hike. Hope things are going well for you Holly. I sure miss you!

Erica Winkler said...

Anna is so BIG!! Your family is gorgeous and i totally miss Oregon and all of it's gorgeous hikes... Hope you guys are doing great! LOve you!