Thursday, September 16, 2010

Zoo--August 2010

I've learned that if I keep my zoo trips to about one or two a year, then I actually enjoy visiting the zoo. We missed the annual zoo trip with my ol' teacher pals because my kids were sick. One week in August I thought it would be fun. Kade was in town and Jennifer, Jessica, Brenda and her family were headed out on Saturday, so I thought it would be a fun thing for us all to do together. I've also learned that the zoo is much more enjoyable if you get there early and on a relatively cool day (you don't have to fight for parking or fight crowds, the animals are usually just getting going and if it's cool they're more active).


We happened upon the "bird show" and managed somehow to get seated in an AWESOME location. The birds flew just above our heads and perched on a stand right behind us. It was a big scary for Zane so he cuddled close to Aunt Jennifer. My favorite was the bald eagle.

The elephants are my favorite. The kids liked watching them but Zane has started having nightmares about elephants outside his bedroom window.
This could have been the highlight for Zane.
Jacob, Anna, Zane, Shayli, Kade, Nora, Corbin, Annie

1 comments:

Joseph said...

Glad you had a fun day at the zoo! (I usually don't like it either). That is so Zane!